A lot of people don’t like Mondays. They’ve had an enjoyable weekend and don’t want it to end. They wake up Monday wishing they could just turn off their alarm and spend the day in bed.
Here are some ways to combat the Monday blues!
- Keep the same night time routine throughout the weekend. I know that if I go to bed super late during the weekend, it throws off the beginning of my week.
- Create something enjoyable for the end or throughout the day. You could make yourself a special lunch, treat yourself to dinner, or have a nice spa night.
- Caffeine! I don’t know about you but I enjoy a good iced tea or coffee. And if you aren’t big on caffeine, enjoy a nice mug of herbal tea to relax before you start your day or during the day.
- Make sure you are doing things you genuinely enjoy. For me, Mondays are a lot harder when the first thing I have to do is something I hate. If you aren’t a morning person, then make sure that your daytime tasks start a little later. If you’re in school, try to make sure that your first class of the day is something you enjoy so you can wake up happy to go. If you wake up every morning angry about going to work it might be time to change your career.
- Spending time with yourself and/or God can help the Monday blues. Starting off every day with prayer, a devotional, meditation, or a book can really help you begin your day with a better attitude. These things help give you more strength and endurance.
I hope these tips and tricks help you out. Please enjoy your Monday!